ABOUT CAPITAL REGION PATIENT ADVOCACY
We believe if you learn skills to navigate your healthcare, you will develop the confidence to advocate for your concerns, and experience better outcomes. Our Mission is to teach Healthcare Advocacy and Navigation Skills to our Community.
Capital Region Patient Advocacy does not provide medical services or perform or assist in the performance of medical diagnosis or treatment of any kind. Please consult with a competent and licensed physician for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Create workshops and healthcare navigation tools utilizing resources already in existence and supplement with input from the healthcare community and experienced caregivers.
- Teach community workshops using lectures, discussion groups, case studies and role plays.
- Collaborate with community organizations and local media to disseminate workshop materials.
- Teach workshop trainers and patient advocates.
- Create a Capital Region Patient Advocacy Handbook.
- Doctor Visit Checklist and Guide for Communicating Medical Concerns
- Medication Management Golden Rules
- Medication List, Medication Record and Medication Schedule
- Preparing for the Doctor's Visit and Communicating Your Medical Concerns
- The In's and Outs of Medication Management
- Navigating the Hospital Discharge Process: Transitioning from Hospital to Home
- Presenting lunchtime workshops and facilitating Caregiver Discussion Groups in the workplace.
- Guest appearances on WGY 103.1 FM "Life Happens" and WMHT "Health Link" Click here to view appearances.
- Conducted community educational sessions on behalf of the Albany Medical Center Renal Transplant Unit, Albany Law School, Alzheimer's Association, Capital District Scleroderma Foundation, Capital Region Caregiver Coalition, Colonie Senior Services, Community Caregivers, Inc., Foundation of New York State Nurses LENS (Linking Education Nurses Seniors) Program, and the National Kidney Foundation.
- Conducted community educational sessions and provider outreach visits in support of IPRO Care Transitions Initiative.
- Available to present Workshops, facilitate Caregiver Discussion Groups or collaborate with your organization.
Top Of Page